Tuesday, August 25, 2009

daily wisdom

i have a page-a-day calendar that i got from a co-worker on the first day of my job, january 5th, 2009. i remember flipping to dates in the future, like my birthday, which had just passed, and thought how far away it seemed. i wrote a happy birthday message to myself in january. how thoughtful of me. this calendar really brings me joy each morning. sometimes the quotes are very silly. sometimes the quotes are very serious. sometimes they are from the infinite wisdom of kermit the frog. i tore off the best vitamin for developing friendship is b1 and taped it to our fridge.

today my quote is:
mix a little foolishness with your serious plans: it’s lovely to be silly at the right moment.

i love that and for anyone who has talked to me within the past few weeks knows that is truly appropriate for me right now.

another favorite quote of mine, from june eighth:
when you talk, you repeat what you already know; when you listen, you often learn something.

i’ve been carrying that around with me in my briefcase ever since.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails